by Jeanmarie Papelian
At the opening of the Smithsonian Folklife Festival in Washington, our founder, Carolyn Mugar, spoke eloquently about the process of sustaining our culture and the importance of making tangible investments in Armenia. She reminded us that one of the most valuable things we can do is "Put a shovel in the good Earth" and invest in the Armenian people and their many talents--growing fruit, making wine, and promoting healthy trees and water.
Your annual commitment supports our enormous accomplishments over the past 25 years. ATP is helping to ensure a secure and sustainable future for the people of Armenia.
With your continued financial participation we are able to:
• Secure healthy trees and water through our forestry efforts
• Create jobs for more than 150 seasonal workers in rural areas of Armenia
• Provide a source of income to rural families and women-run households through our Backyard Nursery program
• Help revitalize villages and communities through our Community Tree Planting program
• Educate and empower Armenian citizens to be stewards of a healthy and sustainable environment
As we approach the final few months of the year, we are most appreciative of your generosity that enables ATP to strengthen the bonds between the Diaspora and Armenia while helping to protect and preserve Armenia’s natural beauty.
Click here to view our new 2018 Annual Appeal brochure.